I have a number of Partial Merge Subscriptions - SQL Express 2005 SP2 (about 8) synchronizing to a SQL Server 2008 Std Server. These client machines connect mostly on a mobile 3G network and/or ADSL. We find the ADSL connections more reliable.
We have made 2 Schema changes on the server (New Columns) but no Constraints.
When the Subscriptions synchronize, their Data gets Uploaded to the publication successfully, but hangs on the downloading process.
I have re-initialized the subscriptions so that they can get a new subscription after i re-ran the Snapshot agent,
However the subscriptions still hang when retrieving the snapshot data.
Messages that appear are the following:
1. "The merge process failed to execute a query because the query timed out. If this failure continues, increase the query timeout for the process. When troubleshooting, restart the synchronization with verbose history logging and specify an output file
to which to write."
2. Thread id 3492 will wait for 20 second(s) before retrying the query on Subscriber 'JAN-PC\SQLExpress'.
3. Waiting to run process sp_MSCleanupForPullReinit ()
I have tried running the following:
1. update sysmergepublications set generation_leveling_threshold = 0
2. exec sp_MSCleanupForPullReinit @publication='publication',
View Complete Post