I have a requirement to add a webpart from a parent site to a child site to display a document library list view web part.
Site structure eg:
I have followed the instructions below as per
1) Open the parent site in SPD 2010.
2) Select "Lists and Libraries" from the left navigation pane
3) Select a list
4) In the "Views" section on the right, either open an existing view (e.g. AllItems.aspx) or create a new view.
5) In SPD page editor, click on the view.
6) In the Ribbon UI, go to List View Tools -> Web Part tab
7) Click "To Site Gallery" from "Save Web Part" section.
8) Give it a name and description (e.g. "ParentA")
9) Click "Yes" when the message pops up. This ensures that the web part will point to the original source (i.e. main site)
10) In the browser, go to your subsite
11) Edit the page, insert web part through the browser ribbon.
12) Go to Miscellaneous section, and select the web part you saved.
I have found if the document library is set to 'Allow Management of Content Types' the web part added to the child site will fail with the below error "Value does not fall within the expected range". As soon as i rem
View Complete Post