I am a lifetime COBOL programmer trying to make a new career in a Sharepoint world.
I am working on a project where I have created a list of Employees. Almost all of the employees on the list must update their status on a day-to-day basis.
A view was created on this list using [ME] as the search criteria to only return the employee who is updating his own info.
With Sharepoint Designer 2007 I created a custom form. I cut and pasted the code for the view that I described above and then created a series of buttons to allow the employee to choose a status.
For each button, I built a workflow to do the specific updates to the employee's list line.
Here is my problem (and it is probably my inexperience that has got me stumped);
View Complete Post