I've managed to run into a
pretty specific problem while setting up SSL on SSRS 2008. I'm using a
self-signed certificate for testing purposes, and just finished
reinstalling Reporting Services to clear out any problems I introduced
in earlier flailing
If I set up SSL only connections for the Web Service URL and Report
Manager URL, the ReportServer address works fine with https, but the
Reports address returns this error:
The remote name could not be resolved: <server url>
However, if I then set up an http address for the Web
Service URL, they both work fine.
Going into the reportserver.config file at this point, I
can switch the SecureConnectionLevel parameter to a value of 2, and the
Reports address again fails with the same error.
I have put an address in the URLRoot section of reportserver.config, but
whatever I put does not seem to have an effect on this problem. Also,
I'm not trying to do anything with the reports, only navigate to the
directory, so the URLRoot section should
not have any impact.
The URLReservations section of reportserver.config looks like this
(I've replaced the server URL and taken out the AccountSID and
View Complete Post