I've searched the web high and low for an answer to this, but nothing.
I have a simple Safecontrol being added to my web.cfg within a custom action in an MSI installer.
The code to write the actual Safecontrol is now commented out and this problem i have is still happening. So it cant be anything to do with that section of code.
The only two lines remaining from the whole code is:
In that order.
When i began to build this section of code (the safe control entry), i used a 'test string' safe control entry (not the actual line i required for my assembly)
'<Safecontrol Assembly="test, version=22.214.171.124" namespace=test/>' - My problem is not with any Syntax. This is an example of a short test entry i was using.
After i ran this and the entry was added to the config, I then found all attribute values for my assembly entry and re-wrote the section of code accordinly.
Re-ran the code after resetting web.cfg file. I was amazed to see my test string entry added again - ASWELL as my new assembly entry.
It seems the ApplyWebConfigModification method is storing old values some how. When i run those two lines of code above, both my assembly and the test string are added to the web.cfg file.Even though my 'SPWebConfigModification' objec
View Complete Post