Has anyone run into an issue where your system's base content types dissappear after deploying a new site definition. We are doing a proof of concept using several CMS solutions and decided to see how sharepoint would fare in the process. I
worked on the POC for 6 weeks without any issues. After selecting sharepoint as the solution I started refactoring my code into a more logical structure as many of the components were developed from sample code. I created a couple of custom site
definitions that were pretty simple. Basically I copied the onenet.xml from the publishing site template that sharepoint uses and made a few simple modifications like associating my custom master page and a custom content type with the default page.
When I initially developed these I had no issues at all but yesterday I suddenly was not able to create sites using these site defs. I figured there was some kind of conflict with my old templates so I deleted all site collections on the server and then
tried to create a new site collection and then I couldn't even create a base publishing site. I got an error indicating the base content type did not exist. After spending hours going through logs it was clear that sharepoint was not able to build
the content type hiearchy when creating new sites so I took a look at the UI and there were only abo
View Complete Post