I have been trying to convert our internal webpage from asp to ASP.NET with .NET 4.0. Some of our pages pull from multiple tables/databases to comprise a single page. The original asp pages connecting to the database are LIGHTNING fast, However the new pages using the MySQL ODBC 5.1 drivers fail to come even close to the asp pages. Average load time for an ASP.NET is about 92000ms., ASP load time about 8ms.
Here is what I've tried/noticed
1. Regardless of setting ViewState,Debug to (true/false) in page or web.config makes no difference, load time stays about 6000ms per call to database
2. We have two Servers (web and main), ASP pages take about the same time (8ms) to load from each/both servers, ASP.NET pages take about 8ms(main) from one and about 12000ms(web) from the other
3. I tried to trace the ODBC driver, but to no avail (don't have admin access to force). Using the TEST button through the dialog box has about 5sec delay from (web) and instant feedback from (main)
4. Checked all the code calls to make sure that for every open there is a close, same slow result from ODBC
5. Tried to have only one open and one close call to the DB and many reads in between, same result: slow performance.
6. I have read the article about optimizing my code through the use of caching etc... I don't believe this applies to my s
View Complete Post