I have a sqldatasource menu; 10 parents (catagories) with 77 children (subjects) & 627 grandkids (articles). There is no sitemap per say, the breadcrumbs are generated from code behind. This menu (to my understanding) is pure Asp.net with no tables and uses a generated XML file to populate the menu.
I have Windows 7 on 1 disk & XP pro on another and have tested my website on both. I have a working local host on my Win7 in VWDE 2008 but I use the TinyMCE application to populate the library at my hosting service.
I open my website in Opera, FireFox, Chrome & Safari all work the main navigation menu with amazing speed. I'm happy with the amount of $$ I gave the programmer except IE (all of them) work the menu like molasses. I hoped IE 9 would resolve this but I've been playing with it and yes it is better - actually it measures up to the speed of IE 5 on this issue but still slow in comparison.
So I'm asking someone to not solve this for me but give me some knowledge so that I can better state my case to the programmer I hire. I have found out that I can bleed a lot of $$ on vague statements.
The slowest IE works the menu (matt2414.info) is on the parents, faster on the children and as fast as the other browsers on the grandchildren. I've spent a lot of time trying to understand any of this but can't and when IE 9 failed to work the menu like t
View Complete Post