How do I get the "Device Instance Id" of USB flash drive?
WPF C# code to accomplish this will be greatly appreciated.
I'm trying again to get an answer to the above question. It appears that some do not know what I mean by "Device Instance Id". Here is how you find it on a computer with the XP operating system:
If you go to it the wrong way you will not find it. You have to follow these steps (on XP):
1) Make sure you have a USB flash drive inserted into one of the USB ports.
2) Click "Start" then right click "MyComputer" then click "Manage".
3) In the "Computer Management" window click "Device Manager".
4) In the right pane expand the "Disk drives".
5) Right click on "USB Flash Disk USB Device" (Will NOT be there if no USB Flash drive inserted).
6) Click "Properties".
7) Click the "Details" tab.
8) The drop down should already have "Device Instance Id" showing, if not, select it.
9) The contents of the text box below contain the information I want.
Again, if you get to this window a different way, the "Details" tab may not appear.
Again, if you do not have a USB flash drive plugged into your computer, the "USB Flash Disk USB Device" will not appear.
This is what has been suggested before, but does not w
View Complete Post