I'm trying out the content query webpart combined with content types.
First I created a new site collection.
In this site collection, these are the steps I did:
- I enabled "SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure" feature at the site collection level
- I enabled "SharePoint Server Publishing" feature at the site level
- I created a new site column "Is Meat Eater", which is a yes/no field and added this to a new custom group called "Zoo"
- I created a new content type called "Zoo Animal" that inherits from "Item" in category "List", and added this to a new custom group called "Zoo"
- I added my site column "Is Meat Eater" to this content type (so now I have Title + Is Meat Eater)
- I created a new custom list called "SharePoint Zoo"
- I enabled content types on this list
- I added "Zoo Animal" from the existing content types
- I removed the default content type "Item" from the list (so now only 1 content type left, my own)
- I added a few animals in the list
- I added a content query web part on the homepage
- As source I chose "Show items from all sites in this site collection"
- As List Type I chose "custom list"
- As Content Type Group I chose "Zoo"
- As Content Type I chose "Zoo Animal"
- I hit apply at
View Complete Post