The mystery of the missing metadata
This is a problem I have been struggling with for weeks. I am writing this post because after days of persistence and attempting seemingly random disconnected changes to my code, I have found the solution.
There is absolutely no information about this problem online, and the methods I have used seem mostly undocumented.
I would say most of the problem is that SharePoint is infested with bugs and the SharePoint error reporting is useless. (Often it will tell you that something has worked, when really it hasn't - you will not realise this straight away because the document
only becomes corrupt, or starts to lose meta data later on.
I have a document list in my SharePoint site, built upon a customised content type (inherited from the document content type) that adds a number of meta data fields to my list. One of these fields is a lookup field to another list in the same type.
I have been working on a web application written in asp.net that accesses the sharepoint documents through a webservice. I am using Web references and not Service references because I cannot get Service references to work (typical story when it comes to
My problem started when I try to give users the ability to upload to SharePoint through the web application. Using Copy.CopyIntoItems works well, it lets me set most of the metadata fields, but no
View Complete Post