I thought this would work, but obviously I've overlooked something. I have SQL Server 2008 on 2 servers.
Have database on publisher server and want to merge replicate to subscriber, but didn't want to take days like it did last time.
1. I published the database and ran the snapshot agent.
2. I backed up the database to a .bak file.
3. I copied the .bak file to the subscriber computer.
4. I restored the database on the subscriber computer from the .bak file.
5. Back at the publishing server, I added the subscriber under subscriptions, but I unchecked the "Initialize" box since that was the point of doing the backup, copy and restore.
And. Oops. The replication monitor says it has a syntax error at "AccountPK." That would be the primary key for the account table. That wasn't what I hoped for.
You can't be successful at this unless you're at least 1/2 a bubble off level.
View Complete Post