Hello guys, I have the following scenario,
- There is a master business object containing 40 fields
- 2 separate child business objects
- If I update a child record, I have to update master's 'Last modify by' status along with 3 or more fields in master
- For this purpose, I don't want to initialize a separate Master class object (as most of the fields are unused/wasted)
- The 'last modify by' also gets updated if the records in master get updated themselves
Currently I have separate business objects for master table, Child 1, Child 2 etc.
How do I control this in my business object design ? Do I break up my master object ? Say I extract last 'modify by ' into a new class, through inheritance or some other way ?
Is there a way that whenever child gets updated I use a 'small' class to update Master status only and whenever the master itself gets updated I do the same.
Problem is that I am having redundancy in my small class (Master class also contains 'Last Modify By ',
What would you advice. Please have your say. Thank you.
Edit I am using webforms guys.
View Complete Post