i have a problem that hopefully someone has an answer to. i am not too familiar with sharepoint so please excuse my ignorance.
we have sharepoint 2010 on a windows 2008r2 server. everything seems to work fine. but as you know, the default database names are horrendous. i have managed to rename all of them, except for the "search service application" admin
the default is: Search_Service_Application_DB_<guid>
the other 2 databases (crawl and property) were renamed without a problem.
we are following the article from technet on how to rename the search service admin db (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-nz/library/ff851878%28en-us%29.aspx). it says to enter the following command:
$searchapp | Set-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication -DatabaseName "new database name" -DatabaseServer "dbserver"
however, i get an error about identity being null. no big deal, i add the -Identity switch and the name of my search service application. but the real problem comes the error it throws:
Set-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication : The requested database move was aborted as the associated search application is not paused.
At line:1 char:54
+ $searchapp | Set-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication <<<< -Identity "Search Service Application" -DatabaseName "ShareP
View Complete Post