I've inherited an install of SharePoint 2010 and I've tried making changes based on articles I've found to seperate the users used in SharePoint and get active directory synchronization working properly. The problem that led to this quest was that
we are unable to send email in SharePoint because at some point users were synchronized but only their names and user names no other details. I found errors in the event log which took me down a path of creating seperate user accounts for different services/applications
within SharePoint. From what I can tell this has worked for everything except user synchronization.
I created new service accounts, ran the configuration wizard, verified the user settings. When I attempt to set up a new synchronization connection I'm able to see my AD and select the settings, but when I save I go back the connection page with no
connections just the "The query returns nothing." I check the event logs and see event ID 3 which is bascially telling me that my account doesn't have the necessary rights. I've thought about backing up and removing and reinstalling SharePoint
and restoring the data, but I'm hoping for one last suggestion that provides a working solution.
So I guess I have 2 questions, what's the best way to get Active Directory Synchronization working and if the original installer had everyt
View Complete Post