In this article we can have an overview of the SharePoint 2013 Site Templates.
Following are the site templates available:
1. Collaboration > Team Site
2. Collaboration > Blog
3. Collaboration > Project Site
4. Collaboration > Community Site
5. Enterprise > Document Center
6. Enterprise > Records Center
7. Enterprise > Business Intelligence Center
8. Enterprise > Enterprise Search Center
9. Enterprise > Basic Search Center
10. Enterprise > Visio Process Repository
11. Publishing > Publishing Site
12. Publishing > Publishing Site with Workflow
13. Publishing > Enterprise Wiki
Team Site Template
This is the most used site template & suitable for a group of people.
Project Site Template
This template is optimized for Project Management & includes features like Project Timeline, Documents.
Community Site Template
Community Site template is good for discussion oriented sites like Forums.
Blog Site Template
Blog Site template is good for sharing contents like articles, ideas etc.
Publishing Site Template
Publishing Site templates are good for creating content, draft, approve & publish it.
We need to have the SharePoint Publishing Infrastructure feature enabled to access this template.
Publishing Site template is mandatory to work with Variations, Device Channels.
In this article we have explored on the SharePoint 2013 Site Templates.