This article describes the site closure and deletion feature in SharePoint 2013. Using this feature, you can specify what can happen when the site is closed and deleted. Many interesting stuff like reminder emails to the site collection admin, follow up emails, postpone the site closure can be done through this functionality.
Let's see the procedure to do the site Closure and Deletion activity.
Under "Gear Settings" -> "Site Collection Administration"-> "Site Polices".
A new Site Policy will open.
Input the name of the policy and Description.
Step 2 (a):
There are three options available to choose from for site Closure and Deletion.
- Do not close or delete the site automatically
- Delete sites automatically
- Close and Delete sites automatically
The following picture shows the list of events attached to the action Delete Sites automatically.
Step 2 (b):
The following picture shows the list of events attached to the action Close and Delete Sites automatically.
- Close Event
- Deletion Event
- Site closed date
- Send an email notification to site owners this far in advance of deletion
- Send follow-up notifications every
- Owners can postpone imminent deletion for:
Once you define the polices, you can associate that to the site closure and deletion features.
- Navigate to Site Settings.
- Select Site Closure and Deletion
- Site closure and Deletion page opens.
- Choose the policy that is applicable for you.
That's it. Now you have defined Site Closure and Deletion in SharePoint Environment.v