MS Word mail-merge and reporting tool for .NET
Docentric Toolkit (http://www.docentric.com) is an MS Word document generation, mail-merge and reporting toolkit for .NET designed to drastically reduce the time and effort required to create and maintain documents and reports in MS Word.
Design your document templates directly in MS Word using powerful Docentric Toolkit Add-In and generate documents based on templates in .NET (C#, VB.NET) from your app data with the help of COM free Docentric Report Engine (.NET library).
- Superior mail-merge features such as: data bound images, charts, (arbitrary level of) nested tables/bulleted list, subdocuments, horizontal tables, headers & footers etc.
- Very original approach for designing templates called "visual mail-merge": with the help of special MS Word Add-In and point-and-click technique you can bind template data tags against any property path in a .NET object graph which is data source of the template. This way designing of templates becomes very efficient since you always have a transparent list of broken binding paths. In short - it provides ultimately the best user experience for template design on the market today!
- Document Generation is OpenXML based, 100% .NET managed, with blazing fast performance and can be implemented in only a few lines of code.
- Can be used as alternative to reporting tools where it is desired to enable end-users to design/maintain templates.
- Can be used in cloud based solutions.
Docentric Toolkit 1.4 can be downloaded here. After installation a demo WPF app is launched with rich set of templates demonstrating different product features, and corresponding documents are generated on button click.