As a developer we get to know what is the latest version of Visual Studio IDE is been available in the market and we often see on comparing what are the new features that are introduced in the latest version. In this article we are going to see an over view on the latest features that are introduced in Microsoft Visual Studio 2012.
So in this series we are going to see the new features that are introduced in the Visual Studio IDE. Before stepping further first to install the IDE we need a minimum system requirements that should be taken care in order to avoid any interruption to the installation.
System requirement to Install Visual Studio IDE:
· Operating System Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Windows (7, 8 Server 2008 R2, Server 2012) both 32bit and 64bit.
· 1.6 GHz or faster processor
· 1 GB of RAM (1.5 GB if running on a virtual machine)
· 10 GB (NTFS) of available hard disk space
· 5400 RPM hard drive
· DirectX 9-capable video card running at 1024 x 768 or higher display resolution
Once the above requirements are taken care, to install the Visual Studio IDE we have different version involved like Visual Studio Express, Professional, Ultimate etc which basically needs a license. So for simplicity lets take the Express edition which is a free ware to install and start developing application. To download Visual Studio IDE login to http://msdn.microsoft.com/ with your valid credentials and download the installer.
Visual Studio IDE:
Once Visual Studio IDE is installed we can see a list of files that will be installed to the program files of your system, to start with navigate to Visual Studio IDE from the program list (in our system we use Windows 8) and select Visual Studio 2012 as shown in the screen below.
We can see a new interface IDE when compared to the earlier versions of Visual Studio will be opened which will have duly look and feel. Yes the Visual Studio IDE for 2012 is a bit low contrast when compared to the earlier version of the IDE. But in this IDE there are new features that are customizable to make the look and feel better for the developers on their own.
So what are the new features in IDE?
Below are some of the new features that can be showcased with the release of Visual Studio 2012 IDE.
1) New Project Templates for Windows Store Application Development
2) Light Switch Application Development Templates for C# and VB.net
3) New Projects and Solutions shell
4) Window Management features
5) Search Capability with in the Files and Folders
6) Code Editing for C++ inline
These are some of the few features that can be listed as a must know part in the release of Visual Studio 2012, but internally there are many new features that are involved in this release which we will see in detail in this series. Keep looking into http://www.dotnetspark.com/ for the latest on this series.