VS10x Editor View Enhancer is a Visual Studio 2010
extension whose goal is to add new visual features to the
built-in code editor. It currently features type and member
definitions emphasizing, end-of-block details,
clickable hotspots (C# and VB documents).
How it looks like with the VS10x Editor View Enhancer
Pretty simple, but equally effective.
Type names are by default displayed with red foreground
color and in bold, while method/property names are by default
displayed with red foreground color. Type and member definitions lines get a
semi-transparent distinctive image added to the left side. It's
not shown here, but single-line property definitions don't get the red
foreground, as that would have been a visual overkill probably since these
single-line property definitions usually come in packs :-)
And all these can be customized - if you want, you
can even get extreme (for details on customization please go to next
You can customize the way definitions lines are emphasized. You can control
color, bold, italic, font size, font face and whether the
distinctive image should be displayed or not.
The Options dialog box can be accessed from the
VS10x menu popup which can be found on the main
- Editor View Enhancer did not highlight certain class/struct/enum names in VB
- Speed optimizations when processing VB documents.
- Reset the expiration system
- Beta expiration system update.
- Fixed some editor lockup conditions.
- Added a document line count limiter, i.e. if the document exceeds that line
count, VS10x Editor View Enhancer will not process it. Default limit value is
20,000 lines (see the 'Availability' tab in the VS10x Editor View Enhancer
- Added the option to show end-of-line-details only if the definition line of
the corresponding code element is not visible (is outside the current viewport).
Thus, code elements only a handful of lines long that are completely visible in
the current viewport will not get an end-of-line detail.
- The description field in end-of-line-details is now more meaningful.
- Fixed some exception conditions.
- FIX: Due to a bug introduced in the previous update, in some situations
member and type name highlighting did not function anymore.
- Fixed an issue with a "trial expred" message.
- Fixed several issues where EVE did not correctly release resources.
- VS10x Editor View Enhancer participates now to the 'VS10x' menu entry on the
main menu bar, with a 'Customize' option. Please note that the 'VS10x' menu
entry is only available in contexts where there is a solution loaded.
- After a few minor versions where EVE was exclusively available in 'CodeSMART
10', we're back to public beta.
- Fixed: End-of-block details disappeared when deleting the last line of a
- Some options were accidentally disabled in the Editor View Enhancer Options
- Fixed scaling problems on systems using large fonts
- End-of-block details were sometimes not displayed from a certain position
- Interface code elements did not have a type image displayed. Fixed.
- Fixed a crash condition in a common VS10x component
- Fixed two exceptions in a common VS10x component; occurred when parsing code
- Added end-of-block details and hotspots (configurable)
- Fixed a critical problem in a common VS10x component
- Fixed a problem where code files from projects contained in solution folders
were not processed.
- Some minor bug fixes, thumbnail change
- Implemented font face customization for the type and member name formatting
- 'Skip single-line properties' added to the Options dialog
- Corrected tab order on the Options dialog
- Implemented user customization