The Snippet Designer
The Snippet Designer is an open source plugin which enhances the Visual Studio IDE to allow a richer and more productive code snippet experience.
The Snippet Designer supports both Visual Studio 2010 and Visual Studio 2008. For the 2008 download please visit the Snippet Designer Codeplex page.
For more information visit the Snippet Designer Codeplex page at http://snippetdesigner.codeplex.com
For information about new releases check Matthew Manela's blog
- Access it by opening any .snippet file or going to File -> New -> File -> Code Snippet File
It uses the native Visual Studio code editor so that you can write the snippets in the same enviorment you write your code.
- It lets you easily mark replacements by a convenient righ click menu.
- It displays properties of the snippet inside the Visual Studio properties window.
A Snippet Explorer tool window to search snippets on your computer
- It is located under View -> Other Windows -> Snippet Explorer
- This tool window contains a code preview window which lets to peek inside the snippet to see what it is without opening the file.
- Maintains an index of snippets on your computer for quick searching.
- Provides a quick way to find a code snippet to use, edit or delete