Creating Service Account in new Silverlight based Azure Portal : Windows Azure for Developers Task 7
Posted By:Dhananjay Kumar
Posted Date: April 02, 2011
In this article we will walk-through, how to create a new Hosted Service in a new Azure Portal step by step.
Windows Azure Development portal has a new look now. It is Silverlight based and all operations can be performed from one page. The new portal has a Ribbon at the top, left panel and right panel. From configuring guest Operating system to stopping or restarting the service, everything can be performed from one page using the new portal. In this article we will walk through how to create a new Hosted Service in the new Azure Portal.
Follow the steps below,
1. Log in to Azure Portal
2. On top left click on New Storage Account
3. You will get the following Popup Window to create a new hosted service.
4. First choose the Subscription from the drop down. I have two subscriptions listed there. I am choosing debugmode subscription.
5. Next name the service that needs to be provided. You are free to provide any name for the hosted service. I am providing here name HosteTempService of the service. After provide URL of the service. I am providing URL as HosteTempService.cloudapp.net. This hosted service will be accessible at http://debugmode.cloudapp.net/
6. After providing Service name and URL, we need to choose the region or affinity group. So far Microsoft provided 9 regions. If you want you can create your own Affinity group here also.
To create Affinity group, select Create or Choose affinity group radio button.
From drop down select, create a new affinity group option. Give name of the Affinity group and select the desired location for affinity group.
7. Select the Deployment option. You can choose option not to deploy also. Later you can configure the deployment. Check the checkbox, if you want to start newly created service just after successful deployment.
8. Give a name for the Deployment. Select configuration file and package file of the application to be hosted in this service and click the Ok button.
In later posts we will see how we can add a certificate to a hosted service. After clicking on the Ok button, you will see the newly created hosted service listed.
You must Sign In To post reply