In the beginning i heard an argument saying that Asp .net MVC is coming up and will replace all existing Asp .net Applications.
Even i was eager to work on the same to see how we are going to
replace the age old existing controls esp: datagrid.. Fortunately got a
project which added to my intrest..
After working realized that it can never replace the Asp .net Application.
1. Asp .net MVC applications are very light weight and simple, handy.
2. Its all about the views, Controllers and Model.
3. Just Add a Model, Write an Action method for the View and pass the model to the view.
4. Application is ready to use.. So simple to hear and simple to implement as all the code logic goes into Controller.
5. Master of all these is the Routing Engine which is the RegisterRoutes
method in your global.asax which actually shows the way and configures
the url. Another exploring area to learn.
What type of applications can be built with Asp .Net MVC.
1. An eCommerce shopping cart application.
2. NerdDinner, a dinner reservation application.( You can download the sample code available for this from www.asp.net)
3. Any normal page with Simple Add, Edit , Update , Delete with very less records.
4. Her's the list of few Asp.Net MVC sites. http://weblogs.asp.net/mikebosch/archive/2008/05/05/gallery-of-live-asp-net-mvc-sites.aspx
5. Finally if you want to build light weight application Instantly with
less data(ex: A simple register or Book appointment etc..)
1. You can divide the Views or Action methods and team can work parallely.. As every action is independent.
2. TTD approach is another one mentioned.