Cursors and Locks in VB:
They are 4 categories.
1. Forward only:
Fastest,can move only forward in recordset.
2.Static: Can move to any record in the recodset. datas are static and never changes.
3.Keyset: Changes are detectadble. Records that are deleted by other users are unavailable and records created by other users are not detectable.
4. Dynamic: All changes are visible.
They are 3 types of locks.
1. Pessimistic: Locks the rows once after any edit called.
2. Optimistic: Lockes the rows only when update is called.
3. Batch Optimistic: Allows batch updation.
4. Read only: Read only Cannot alter the data.