SSRS Vs Crystal Reports.
1) Embedding .NET assembly is possible
2) Using of reporting solution for other Data warehousing technologies is possible.
3) Easily deployable as a package.
4) Comes together with the SqlServer package. But Crystal reports were a part of VS.NET package.
5) Supports Integration & Consistency.
6) It supports more export file formats. They are Excel, Text, XML, PDF, TIFF, and MHTML. But in Crystal reports only Word, Excel and PDF formats are supported.
7) Query design is having more options.
8) It supports N-level of sub reports(Crystal reports supports only one level)
9) Defining values for one parameter based on another parameter's value is possible in this tool.
10) Conditional formatting is supported.
11) Sharing of multiple data sources is possible.
12) Data region controls are used to display multiple records.
13) It can be viewed in HTML 3.2/4.0, PDF, Excel, XML, CSV, TIFF, MHTML
14) Connecting to an analysis service is possible.
15) Linking reports by URL is possible.
16) Toggle/Collapse behavior exists in matrix control.
17) In chart aggregate data can be placed inside in SSRS. But in crystal reports the aggregate data should be placed inside of a footer.(as a table). This is a drawback of crystal report.