.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest
Sign In
Win Surprise Gifts!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
Gaurav Pal

Home >> Forum >> .NET Framework >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

DataBind in datagridview

Posted By: Ravindra     Posted Date: March 31, 2010    Points:2   Category :.NET Framework
Hello frns

I am working with datagridview control in c# and asp..what is the difference of using databind method in these languages

Author: Dilip             
Posted Date: March 31, 2010     Points: 5   

I dont think your question is correct.Infact to write and ASP.NET web application, you can use C# or VB.Net or J#.

I beilieve you are talking about what is the difference between Databind in Windows App & ASP.Net Webapp. Let me know if that is question you meant.

Author: Ravindra             

Thats my question..

Ok if that is so...Lets take an example of Listbox in both Web and Windows. Now we do have list box in both Windows app as well as Web App. But we need databind property to bind values in Web app but not in Windows app.

DataGrid ListBox and HTML Select use a collection as a data source. For example listbox uses listitem as a child control but in case of windows there is no list items. When you call DataBind on a parent control it cascades to all of the children of the control. so databind is needed in asp.net not in windows.

Similar is the case with other collection controls like Radio button list and Checkbox list etc

Author: Sagar Pardeshi             
Posted Date: April 02, 2010     Points: 5   
Posted Date: April 02, 2010     Points: 5   

Hello Sagar,

I tried this link...this link is not working

You must Sign In To post reply
Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend