.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest
Sign In
Win Surprise Gifts!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
david stephan
Gaurav Pal

Home >> Forum >> Windows Application >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

Demo Version Creation

Posted By: Ruchi     Posted Date: March 13, 2010    Points:2   Category :Windows Application
How can i create Demo or Trial Version in vb.net 2005 ?
I do not want to use date related conditions as in a single PC interface if date is modified then that condtion will not be useful.
Thanks in advance

Author: Amit Mehra             
Posted Date: March 13, 2010     Points: 5   

You can check with database which is in your server this is more secure way to implement trial version.

another way you can use third party software Installshild is having try and die feature which you can use.

Please "Mark As Answer " if this post help you.
Author: susant             
Posted Date: March 13, 2010     Points: 5   

Hey Ruchi how are u/

if u are not interested to work with database for demo version then go for file handling..

create one file and store in user's windows folder at the time of making setup file..

In that setup file write the setup date and end date of your demo application.. For each time logon to application check that file end date.. i hope it may help u..

Have a great day ahead

Author: balram             
Posted Date: March 15, 2010     Points: 5   

You can also use registry for doing same thing,storing install date time and when your application will start ,on startup check stored date time and calculate your date time.depend on your demo time,give a message of expire and close the app.

Author: Ruchi             
Posted Date: March 15, 2010     Points: 5   

Hi Susant.

Thanks for your reply.
But i suppose i will have to check current or today's date with the file's end date
now what if system's date and time are reset by user ?
how can i get real date and time as its a window based application ?

You must Sign In To post reply
Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend