.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest

Sign In
Register

Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Congratulations!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
david stephan

Home >> Forum >> SharePoint >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

sharepoint timer jobs not running?

Posted By: Sagar Pardeshi     Posted Date: February 01, 2010    Points:2   Category :SharePoint
share point timer jobs not running .i have create timer job for min and daily.but not call timer jobs execute method.

Responses
Author: Lalij Mer             
Posted Date: February 02, 2010     Points: 5   
Author: bijayani             
Posted Date: June 23, 2010     Points: 5   

When we want to run a task (like sending emails or deleting the list items etc. . . ) in Daily basis or in Hourly basis then we can use a Timer job to this task .To see the timer job you can move to the Central Administrations then click on the operations tab, then in the Global Configuration section you can see the Timer job status and timer job definition. In timer job definition you can get the details of the timer job i.e. the title , the web application to which it is attached and the schedule type i.e. Daily, Weekly or hourly basis. To get the status of the timer job go to the timer job status, here you can view status.

Steps To create a custom timer job:

1. We need to create a class that inherits the SPJobDefinition Class. Then we need add the constructor s and the Execute () method.

namespace TestTimerJob {

public class CustomTimerJob : SPJobDefinition{

public CustomTimerJob (): base(){

}

Thanks,
Bijayani
http://www.mindfiresolutions.com/Sharepoint-Support.htm

Author: elizas             
Posted Date: June 28, 2010     Points: 5   

When we want to run a task (like sending emails or deleting the list items etc. . . ) in Daily basis or in Hourly basis then we can use a Timer job to this task .To see the timer job you can move to the Central Administrations then click on the operations tab, then in the Global Configuration section you can see the Timer job status and timer job definition. In timer job definition you can get the details of the timer job i.e. the title , the web application to which it is attached and the schedule type i.e. Daily, Weekly or hourly basis. To get the status of the timer job go to the timer job status, here you can view status.

http://www.mindfiresolutions.com/sharepoint-development.htm

You must Sign In To post reply

Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery
JavaScript/VBScriptBiztalkWPFPatten/PracticesWCFOthers
www.DotNetSpark.comUnAnsweredAll

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend