.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest
Sign In
Win Surprise Gifts!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
Gaurav Pal

Home >> Forum >> Windows Application >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

how to put expiry period in dot net windows applications

Posted By: ryan     Posted Date: January 13, 2010    Points:2   Category :Windows Application
hello friends,i have made one window application software and soon i will give that software to my clients for trial purpose but before that i want to put expiry period in that software i.e after 15 days software will stops working so tht if they want really i can sell them so please please friends help me....as its my first project..

Author: Venkat             
Posted Date: January 14, 2010     Points: 5   

Have one text file and write the encrypt install date in it.

Than in Form Load event check the date and and today date. If it matches than lock the application and asked for activation.

If user purchase the license than have one patch which replace the text file or change the encrypt date.

Mark As Answer if this solve your problem
Warm Regards,
Author: ryan             

thanx venkat 4 help, but plz can u give me any example or code of tht...plz i have understood ur expaination but still for me its not possible for me tht 2 implement...so plz give me the code or steps or any book name from whr i should i learn this..thx again

Author: Nikhil Kumar             

Ryan !here is an article for you just read carefully and you may get what you want.

Thanks !

Be helpful and enjoy life because it comes only onces. Give all the happiness to yours and remember it doesn't comes by money ...
Author: Lalij Mer             

show this link

Please Check my answer if you help....
Thank You...

Author: ryan             
Posted Date: January 15, 2010     Points: 5   

thanx friends for helping...but still plz anyone has simplified code of my query plz post it here...

Author: balram             
Posted Date: February 19, 2010     Points: 5   

For simple application you can use registry to store installed date and all information,but when application will uninstall then don't remove registry key(if you remove registry setting during uninstall time then user can use that setup again on that system,if you are using this technique then there is a chance that user can use that setup once again after system formatted,for fully licensing your program,your program should connect to your server via internet,where you can write licensing code.

You must Sign In To post reply
Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend