.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest

Sign In
Register

Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Congratulations!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
david stephan

Home >> Forum >> Others >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

Div Tutorial

Posted By: Arial     Posted Date: January 09, 2010    Points:2   Category :Others
Hi all,

Can anyone send me good and full div based tutorial link, to display my webpage, i m beginner to this div tag. i need to learn and design my page..

Thanks in Advance.

Responses
Author: Lalij Mer             
Posted Date: January 09, 2010     Points: 5   
Author: Lakhan Pal Garg             
Posted Date: January 14, 2010     Points: 5   

Hi Arial-

Check the View Source of any good site that is div based that will help you a lot.
Because one need the real time example to understand the things in better way.

Thanks
Lakhan Pal Garg

Author: Clintonzz             
Posted Date: June 26, 2014     Points: 20   
Author: allensmith             
Posted Date: January 26, 2015     Points: 20   

I am a programmer,not a designer and I don't like writing html and css code. I was using table's for layout for a long time. Now, I want to break this bad practice and start using div's in my website. This was a very important decision for me. Because I really hate using div's.

As always, I started reading written code to understand how positioning of divs work, which is the best way for me to learn something new. However, I really couldn't understand. I think there is something wrong. It shouldn't have been that hard, I really think. This div "API" is written wrong, should have been simpler. However, I know that this discussion is non-sense.

I'm now confused with the usage of the following items,
float, clear, inline, block, position, relative, absolute

I'm looking for web-sites, stackoverflow posts, tutorials for learning div's for beginners who have a programming background like me.

PS: I checked w3's CSS standards. However, it is too long and detailed. I want something shorter, easier to understand for pragmatical purposes.

http://www.keepautomation.com/csharp_barcode/qrcode.html

You must Sign In To post reply

Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery
JavaScript/VBScriptBiztalkWPFPatten/PracticesWCFOthers
www.DotNetSpark.comUnAnsweredAll

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend