.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest

Sign In
Register

Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Congratulations!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
david stephan

Home >> Forum >> ASP.Net >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

ASP.NET Application - Making a Time Estimate

Posted By: Bhavna     Posted Date: October 21, 2009    Points:2   Category :ASP.Net
Hi,

We are building an ASP.NET application.

Here I need to make time estimate for the entire application. At present I am using my past experience and some thumb rules to arrive to a rough estimate.

So now my doubt is that do people use past experience and few thumb rules to make it or use some common methodologies/practices such as Cocomo or Functional point analysis etc.?

If so would you please refer the best links for these so that I could go through them and start practicing.

Many Thanks,
Regards.
Bhavna.

Responses
Author: Amit Mehra             
Posted Date: October 22, 2009     Points: 5   

Hi Bhavna,

This is the question you can do by your experience. You should know your team member capability (Not the no of years of experience)? If you know that you can do with your team member's capability..than also you should keep 20-25% of the time in buffer.

So whatever you feel that your team member is finished the task in 3 months than you should say 4 months? Also in very tight schedule you can make use of the application testing time wisely for eg. give 2-3 page which is done for testing instead of whole application...Using this you can make use of the testing time in development.

Thanks
Amit

Thanks,
Amit
Please "Mark As Answer " if this post help you.

You must Sign In To post reply

Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery
JavaScript/VBScriptBiztalkWPFPatten/PracticesWCFOthers
www.DotNetSpark.comUnAnsweredAll

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend