.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest
Sign In
Win Surprise Gifts!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
david stephan
Gaurav Pal

Home >> Forum >> ASP.Net >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

ASP.NET - ListView binding - Clarification

Posted By: Venkat     Posted Date: October 17, 2009    Points:2   Category :ASP.Net

We have an ASP.NET application and using a ListView to display some user records from Database.

Once we populate the ListView from database the user can edit few/more records of it.

Now our requirement is that once the user edits a record we need post those changes to database but should not rebind the ListView (from database). We also should not use Cashe or Session object to store the data of ListView.

Do you think that it is possible? If so would you please guide / refer a code sample on this?

Thanks and Regards.

Author: Faizal             
Posted Date: October 17, 2009     Points: 5   

ListView Control? As far as i know there is not ListView Control its a class that you can bind to Other dataview control like GeidView, DataList, Repeter etc...
OK Now what i understood is You need to change the value from UI..well its possible depends upon the control you bind it..

My Answer will be yes if you are trying to bind the gridView and want to edit and save the changes to Database you can do that and if you want you may not displayed the recent changes..

You must Sign In To post reply
Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend