Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Top 5 Contributors of the Month
Post New Question
Subscribe to Forum
Taking incremental backups from MS SQL Server 2008 Database
September 15, 2009
We are building an ASP.NET application (with C#.net as language) and will be hosting on Windows Server 2003 Operating System with MS SQL Server 2008 as database.
We are planning to take the incremental database backups to a disk and use them to restore whenever there is a necessity.
So would you please guide me on this, if you have an idea?
If would be great if you could also provide a reference document or web references (If needed).
Posted Date: September 15, 2009 Points: 5
To take database back regularly you can use jobs, To create you can do the following it wil automate the batabase back up process.
1. Start SQL Server Management Studio.
2. In the Connect to Server dialog box, click the appropriate values in the Server type list, in the Server name list, and in the Authentication list.
3. Click Connect.
4. In Object Explorer, expand Databases.
5. Right-click the database that you want to back up, click Tasks, and then click Back Up.
6. In the Back Up Database - DatabaseName dialog box, type the name of the backup set in the Name box, and then click Add under Destination.
7. In the Select Backup Destination dialog box, type a path and a file name in the Destinations on disk box, and then click OK.
8. In the Script list, click Script Action to Job.
9. In the New Job dialog box, click Steps under Select a page, and then click Edit if you want to change the job parameters.
Note In the Job Step Properties - 1 dialog box, you can see the backup command.
10. Under Select a page, click Schedules, and then click New.
11. In the New Job Schedule dialog box, type the job name in the Name box, specify the job schedule, and then click OK.
Note If you want to configure alerts or notifications, you can click Alerts or Notifications under Select a page.
12. Click OK two times.
Mark As Answer
" if this post help you.
To post reply
Related Questions Related Questions
Performing search on MS SQL Server 2008 database
Sql SERVER 2008 ,automatice add all table of database this code what is problem plz suggest me
Image store in Database SQL SERVER
Upgrade from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2008
Copying Data from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Express
SQL Server - Database Design - Best Practices
SQL Server 2008 - Table - Clarifications
How to insert data of selected checkboxlist control in database.. (sql server)
How to install softwares on client computer from server computer in Visual Basic.Net 2008.
Sql Server 2005 to sql 2000 database conversion
Latest Forum Questions From The Same Category
Help to get SQL output
how to restore my sql database from my hosting provider?
SQL query to update date range
Add allowance to employee table is wrong or true according to my case
how to remove trailing zeroes in a decimal in sql server
Required Union All Result in two different column
Sql Multiple table data retrival
Table Translation records
How select huge Data from sql without take long time?
Passing using parameter in store procedure get the top3 record from the table
Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
Hall of Fame
Terms of Service
Tell A Friend