.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest

Sign In
Register

Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Congratulations!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
Sharon Maxwell

Home >> Forum >> Sql Server >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

how to restore my sql database from my hosting provider?

Posted By: Richard Kiev     Posted Date: June 26, 2015    Points:5   Category :Sql Server
Dear all,

I lost my database on my pc as I format my hard drive. Now could anyone guide me how I can get a copy of my ms sql server database from my hosting to work with my local pc? I need to have a local copy so that I can develop my site without internet connection. For your information, I'm using Hostforlife.eu hosting service. I have searched and tried many methods to do it, but no luck yet. For example, I created a backup on Hostforlife.eu and restore backup file on my pc, but nothing happens. Then I created a new database, and re-created its structure same as the one on Hostforlife, then I used the import wizard to import data from them to my pc. Again, nothing happens.

I hope someone can give me a way of getting back my database to my pc as it's really frustrated if I don't have my database run locally on my pc. Thank you so much in advance!

Responses
Author: Deco             
Posted Date: June 27, 2015     Points: 20   

You can do it by two options;

One is you can generate the script of the schema as well as the data using insert script and you can execute the same in the database you have created in your local.

Please share the error you get while restoring the backup. If the version of the sql server is less than the version running in your host provider. Then you will be getting restore header only error.

In that case please refer this URL

http://dotnetbites.com/restore-headeronly-is-terminating-abnormally-microsoft-sql-server-error-3241

Regards,
Deco

You must Sign In To post reply

Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery
JavaScript/VBScriptBiztalkWPFPatten/PracticesWCFOthers
www.DotNetSpark.comUnAnsweredAll

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend