.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest
Sign In
Win Surprise Gifts!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
Gaurav Pal

Home >> Forum >> WCF >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

Best Practice for Collections

Posted By: Akhil Raj     Posted Date: December 17, 2013    Points:5   Category :WCF

I am going to develop my first wcf service to the client for getting the data. The following is my scenario

My application collects real time data from the shop floor using our harddevice and load the data to my applciation. Now third party ERP system need to get this transactional data from my system. Also they send master releated data to my application.

Actually they gave web service to get thier master data. So My plan is to create windows service and periodically check the data using the webservice and save the data into my table. Same like i need to create a web service for them to receive our transactional data. They gave the data as array.

I am thinking to pass xml to the database for inserting multiple data at once

Here how can i proceed? What is best practice. Can i gave them any generic collections? or sing dataset / data table or array? Can anyone guide me as this is my first wcf service

Author: Alankar             
Posted Date: April 03, 2015     Points: 20   

Rather than using any collection blindly analyse which type of objects you need to send and then decide best optimised collection. if you want to send same type of objects array will be the best.

You must Sign In To post reply
Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend