.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest

Sign In
Register

Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Congratulations!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
david stephan

Home >> Forum >> Sql Server >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

Not able to find OLEDB Provider during Crystal Report Creation

Posted By: Mek     Posted Date: August 08, 2013    Points:5   Category :Sql Server
Hello all,

I have encounter a different issue during setting up crystal report for my windows application. I am using VS 2005 & Sql server 2005. Now i am not able to view any provider shown here http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Izb0Hxslebg/Txb8gZjST-I/AAAAAAAAA6E/jS82nd5X8G0/s1600/OledbProvider.png

When i process like Database Expert > Create New Connection > OLEDB (ADO) a windows pops up but not provider s liseted there.Please let me what could be the issue, i have reinstalled OLEDB Provider(Downloaded form microsoft site) but of no use.I have Windows 7 32 bit is it something to do this OS.I have not even found MDAC for windows 7. Very much confused, please help me out on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Responses
Author: Deco             
Posted Date: August 11, 2013     Points: 20   

Please check if you have the sqloledb.dll in the below path

C:\Program files\Common files\System\Ole db

If you do not have the dll there then probably you may have to install it. If you are sure that it is installed you can register the provider to get it listed

C:\WINDOWS\system32\regsvr32 /s
<Give the full path of the oledb dll>

Regards,
Deco

You must Sign In To post reply

Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery
JavaScript/VBScriptBiztalkWPFPatten/PracticesWCFOthers
www.DotNetSpark.comUnAnsweredAll

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend