.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest
Sign In
Win Surprise Gifts!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
Gaurav Pal

Home >> Forum >> JQuery >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

Developing and maintaining Magento extension

Posted By: Jack Hard     Posted Date: February 20, 2013    Points:5   Category :JQuery
I'm developing some Magento extensions then I have had some notices relating to the development processes. So I just look for some tips/tricks from all of you to get know the best way to maintain Magento extension.

Actually, I use Netbeans, SVN and Ubuntu as my main development environment. This is the process I have applied:

Creating/Developing extension on Netbeans
Exporting extension to other directory while keeping theirs full path (so app/etc. or skin/etc.)
Copy this exported file into brand new / clean magento site to test it
If everything is ok, I compress this exported directory to .zip or .gz file.

So these are my questions

Netbeans does not allow neither exporting multiple files at the same time nor exporting full path to files or directories. So I had to create directories and export files manually. The pity is that files are everywhere (eg. in app/code/local, app/design/adminhtml, app/design/frontend, skin/adminhtml, skin/frontend, etc.). So, is there easier way to do this with some mouse clicks?
Testing extension on clean installed magento site. In this step, if there is a bug, I do the modification on this testing site then repeat manually these changes on my dev version. Is there an easier way to do the tests on older version or Magento?

If some of you have got experience in these issues, please give me some advices.

Author: Jason Larue             
Posted Date: August 05, 2014     Points: 20   

I would like to suggest "PHPDevelopmentServices" that provides ultimate Magento web development services. Get 100% satisfaction with Magento Extensions Development.

You must Sign In To post reply
Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend