.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest

Sign In
Register

Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Congratulations!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
david stephan

Home >> Forum >> .NET Framework >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

Windows 7x64 and DotNet 3.5

Posted By: MikeS     Posted Date: June 25, 2012    Points:5   Category :.NET Framework
Just a shot in the dark, but here goes....

Systems affected: Windows 7 x64 with Dot Net 3.5 and Dot Net 4.0

I am troubleshooting an interesting problem. We implement a rather complex software solution within our organization. It uses Dot Net 3.5 framework. Occasionally, this software will quit working for reasons that are still unknown. I believe it is directly related to Dot Net 3.5.

My reasoning for this theory; I can remove the 3.5 framework from the "Turn Windows features on or off" area of Programs and Features, then reinstall it and the software will run...,one time only. I can also reboot the PC and the the software will also run one time only.

I have tried a system restore, windows 7 O/S repair, turning off system services one by one, etc. Nothing seems to work. I take that back, if I re-image the afflicted PC, then the problem will go away. Re-imaging does not fix the problem, it only covers it up.

I am hoping that someone might see this post and know what the problem is. If anyone has any further questions, please ask. I want to fix this pesky little problem.

Thanks,
Mike

Responses

No response found. Be the first to respond this post

You must Sign In To post reply

Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery
JavaScript/VBScriptBiztalkWPFPatten/PracticesWCFOthers
www.DotNetSpark.comUnAnsweredAll

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend