Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Top 5 Contributors of the Month
Post New Question
Subscribe to Forum
Restriction for remote user
February 20, 2012
Hi, I am going to give access to new remote user in sql server 2008. They should not see any other information from my database Except views created by me. The remote user should not enter any other username(by guessing other username and password) in my sql login screen. How to do these securities access in sql server 2008.Help me to do
Posted Date: March 01, 2012 Points: 20
Create a User Role first then a Login for the user.
A Login connects to an SQL Server instance while a User Role defines the database access level.
In other words:
Login Ã¢â¬â SQL Server Level
User Ã¢â¬â Database Level
Now to create a limited user account, you following steps have to be followed:
1. Open up SQL Server Management Studio
2. Expand Security. You will see a Logins node. Right click on Logins and click on New LoginÃ¢â¬Â¦
3. In the Login Ã¢â¬â New dialog, enter in a Login name
4. Next click on SQL Server Authentication radio button. Enter and confirm Password.
5. From Default database, select the desired database. Now you are done creating a Login. The next step is to create his specific role
6. Under the SQL Server instance node, Expand Databases > [Database] > Security. You will see a Users node.
7. Right click on Users and select New UserÃ¢â¬Â¦
8. In the Database User Ã¢â¬â New dialog, under General page, enter in User name
9. In front of Login name, click on the browse (Ã¢â¬Â¦) button. You will see a Select Login dialog
10. Click on Browse button and check the Login you created above and click OK. Close the Select Login dialog by click on OK
11. Next under Database User Ã¢â¬â New dialog, click on Securables page. Click on Add button. This will open up Add Objects dialog.
12. Select Specific objects and click OK. This will open up Select Objects dialog.
13. Click on Object Types button. This will open up Select Object Types dialog.
14. Check the desired object type (Tables, Views, Stored Procedures etc) which Login will have access to. Click OK
15. Under Select Objects dialog, click on Browse button. This will open up Browse for Objects dialog. Select the desired objects which Login will have access to. Click OK.
16. Click on OK to close Select Objects dialog.
17. Under Database User - New, you can select each object in Securables list and specify permission level on each object in the Explicit permissions for list
18. Click on OK to close the Database User - New dialog. You have now set permissions on the specific user.
I hope you have found this post to be useful. Please do provide your feedback and stay tuned for moreÃ¢â¬Â¦
To post reply
Related Questions Related Questions
User can not select TEXT for copy paste from my .aspx page...
User Registration Email
Remote desktop snapshot
How to restrict user to (ctrl+v) option for a text box..?
how to create a dynamic user interface?
T-SQL - Creating a Local User On Windows OS
User Cannot go directly to a specific page
Login failed for user nt authority network service sharepoint?
ASP and HTML Form code to store User name and Password in the Access database and Retriew it
ASP and HTML Form code to Insert User name and Password in the Access database
Latest Forum Questions From The Same Category
Help to get SQL output
how to restore my sql database from my hosting provider?
SQL query to update date range
Add allowance to employee table is wrong or true according to my case
how to remove trailing zeroes in a decimal in sql server
Required Union All Result in two different column
Sql Multiple table data retrival
Table Translation records
How select huge Data from sql without take long time?
Passing using parameter in store procedure get the top3 record from the table
Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
Hall of Fame
Terms of Service
Tell A Friend