.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest
Sign In
Win Surprise Gifts!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
david stephan
Gaurav Pal

Home >> Forum >> ASP.Net >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

Using Satellite Assemblies

Posted By: Akhil Raj     Posted Date: November 04, 2011    Points:5   Category :ASP.Net
hi all,
I created satellite assembly for my language resources.
I created assembly with the help this article

I created each assembly for each module. But i have some questions regarding this.

1. Resource library naming

I have multiple UI types like displaye above. So each one have each namespace eg: For Web i have MyApp.UI.Web and for windows i have MyApp.UI.Win.AppName. So how can i give common name so that i can use the same satellite assembly for both UI. I need to name like "MyApp.resource" Is this possible so what are special steps to be taken when creating satellite assemblies?

2. Register in GAC

If i can create common library name, i can register the same in GAC so that all UI can access the assebmly from GAC. For registering in GAC we need versioning etc. I creating satellite assemblies by using al.exe. So how can i add version and needed information for GAC to the assembly? Can anyone guid for this?

3. Adding More modules to the same library after deployment

Multiple resopurce file usage is nicely explined in the article i specified. So that all module resource files i can embed in to the same assembly. Hence i have only one assembly for one language. But after deployed i have one custom module or something like that. So how can i embed this resources in to the same deployed assembly. Any tool for this?

No response found. Be the first to respond this post

You must Sign In To post reply
Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend