.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest

Sign In
Register

Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Congratulations!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
david stephan

Home >> Forum >> Silverlight >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

silverlight validation

Posted By: alex     Posted Date: September 27, 2011    Points:5   Category :Silverlight
Hello, I am writing a Silverlight application in visual studio 2010 and have my data in sqlserver 2008. I use Linq to sqlclasses on the webserver side which I expose to silverlight client through silverlight enabled wcf web service. Then i bind the proxy class members (that i get through service reference) to UI silverlight controls. I want to validate the user input in these controls whether it is textboxes datetimepickers grids e.t.c. I have read many articles about implementing the IDataErrorInfo interface in the class that i wish to bind e.t.c. Problem is that i do not bind to a class written by me.linq to sql class code is autogenerated. I bind to the proxy class (that is a linq to sql class exposed by a wcf service). I tried writing my validation rules in the designer of the dbml file in the in the "set" section of the properties(columns). I also tried implementing IDataErrorInfo interface in the designer file but neither approach validates user input in the UI. What can I do?

Responses
Author: Narayanan             
Posted Date: October 11, 2011     Points: 20   

Hi,
refer this link
http://mark.mymonster.nl/2011/02/22/validating-our-viewmodel

Regards, Lakshmi Naraayanan.S
http://dotnettechrocks.blogspot.in/

You must Sign In To post reply

Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery
JavaScript/VBScriptBiztalkWPFPatten/PracticesWCFOthers
www.DotNetSpark.comUnAnsweredAll

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend