.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest
Sign In
Win Surprise Gifts!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
Gaurav Pal

Home >> Forum >> ASP.Net >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

Validation Of Viewstate MAC failed

Posted By: yjeevanrao     Posted Date: August 01, 2011    Points:5   Category :ASP.Net
Hi All,

I am getting bellow error some times while running the application at production server. When running the same application at test server it working fine.

Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.

I have found this while googling. it is using the following in the web.config of
website: enableViewStateMac="false" viewStateEncryptionMode="Never" enableEventValidation="false"

Is there any other way to fix this. Is there something in IIS or the web.config I can set to stop this message randomly coming up?

Author: Sasi Prabhu             
Posted Date: August 01, 2011     Points: 20   
Author: Gowthammanju             
Posted Date: August 02, 2011     Points: 20   
Author: Gowthammanju             
Posted Date: August 02, 2011     Points: 20   

Hey i think

The machineKey value has to be the same on all machines in a webfarm. Start here, this will help.

Thanks & Regards,

Mark if the answer is true

You must Sign In To post reply
Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend