.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest
Sign In
Win Surprise Gifts!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
Gaurav Pal

Home >> Forum >> .NET Framework >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

Can any one help me out to understand about 'Managed Code'

Posted By: Vinodh     Posted Date: July 30, 2011    Points:5   Category :.NET Framework
Can any one help me out to understand about 'Managed Code'. I am newbie to .Net
How do i understand Manged code visually, I mean where/when to see it in Visul studio.

Author: Ravi Ranjan Kumar             
Posted Date: July 30, 2011     Points: 20   

In Short Form such type of which targeting CLR(Common Language RunTime) is called Managed Code.

Managed code runs inside the environment of CLR i.e. .NET runtime.In short all IL are managed code.But if you are using some third party software example VB6 or VC++ component they are unmanaged code as .NET runtime (CLR) does not have control over the source code execution of the language.

Its better to read this WikiPedia article about Managed Code

Thanks & Regards
Ravi Ranjan Kumar
Author: Gowthammanju             
Posted Date: July 31, 2011     Points: 20   

Managed code is created by vb.net and c# compilers. It runs in CLR. This type of code is translated in IL first.
Unmanaged code is what was used before Visual Studio .NET 2002 was released. It is translated directly into machine language.

Managed code is one that is run by CLR of the .NET framework,Whereas an Unmanaged code is one that is run by windows operating system.

Thanks & Regards,

Mark if the answer is true
Author: kumar pavan             
Posted Date: July 31, 2011     Points: 20   

Managed Code runs under control of CLR(common language runtime).

All managed code must be contained in Assembly.

Garbage Collector cleans up unused resources in managed code automatically

http://forums.asp.net/t/1658241.aspx/1?Difference+between+Managed+Code+and+Unmanaged+[/BLUE] code+

You must Sign In To post reply
Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend