.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest
Sign In
Win Surprise Gifts!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
david stephan
Gaurav Pal

Home >> Forum >> SharePoint >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

Top Link Bar in sharepoint

Posted By: shanthalakshmi     Posted Date: July 29, 2011    Points:5   Category :SharePoint
Hi all,
Actually i created a 3 sites ie.Home,Information System,Finance.I made these links visible in toplink bar.As a admin login means 3 links should be visible if he click Information system also other 2 links should be visible in top link bar i did tis.

But as a finance user i login means i able to see Information system link also in top link bar for hiding this i went to Site Settings-->top Link Bar-->Stop inherting parent then i gave Home and Finace navigation.

But After that Admin login means when he click Finance he not able to see information system.

My doubt is that while admin login he should see all three links since he has full control whereas as finance user should has permission should see only Home,Finance site.

How to do tis..

Author: Dhiraj Ranka             
Posted Date: July 29, 2011     Points: 20   

In this case you have remove the finance user from main or root site and only add that user to finance site. Then when finance user will login he/she will only see finance site.

And as a best practice it is always advised to create group and add users to that group and then give permissions to that group or add that group instead of users to site.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards,
Dhiraj Ranka
http://www.twitter.com/dhirajranka | http://www.dhirajranka.com
Author: Gowthammanju             

try these tutorial for ur references as

Thanks & Regards,

Mark if the answer is true
Author: Sasi Prabhu             

Refer :

Thanks & Regards,
Sasi Prabhu.

You must Sign In To post reply
Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend