.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest
Sign In
Win Surprise Gifts!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
david stephan
Gaurav Pal

Home >> Forum >> Windows Application >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

Deplyoing Dabase application

Posted By: Akhil Raj     Posted Date: April 07, 2009    Points:2   Category :Windows Application
hi friends,
I deloped a windows application with ms sql server 2005 as backend
How can i deploy this. I know the deployment some what with Visual studio 'setup & deployment' project or using some tools. But i dont know how to integrate this with database. I am thinking to deploy with ms sql 2005 express edition. How to deploy this database also..
I can add sqlexpress as my prerequisite but i need to fulfil all the following

My requirements:

1. Install sql express if not have
2. find the databse instance name add the connection string to appsettings.config file for application use
3. Create dbuser, create database and also create all other required things (tables, stored procedures etc)

Please help me its very urgent give any good articles if u found

Author: Satyaa             
Posted Date: April 07, 2009     Points: 5   

You can use SqlCmd to execute Your Sql Script For creating DB.
You can Check that whether Sql is installed on target machine or not. u can check this in Sql Script too.

This script will be part of your installer.

All the best.

Author: Akhil Raj       [Moderator]      
Posted Date: April 07, 2009     Points: 5   

hi friend,
thanks for ur reply. but i am very new to this custom deployment.. so can u please give some more information or articles. if u can please give any sample application with help.. .i got something that create a class file for this and call that dll or class to the installer....but confused with all...

Author: Vuyiswa Maseko             
Posted Date: May 11, 2009     Points: 5   

Good Afternoon Akhil Raj

If you want to Deploy your Database Application, the Database must Exists in the target machine, am talking in Terms of Enteprise Application , where SQL Server is Centrally accessed by your application.

There are plenty of Articles on this Site or if you can ask you will get an interactive help

Good Luck

You must Sign In To post reply
Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend