.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest

Sign In
Register

Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Congratulations!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
david stephan

Home >> Forum >> ASP.Net >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

having doubt in required field validator

Posted By: Suresh     Posted Date: March 26, 2009    Points:2   Category :ASP.Net
in my form i have three text box(name,place,departmet) and one save button. in the name and place text box i have used required field validator. in the department textbox im using javascript for check wheather the txtbox left empty.

when im click the save button,after enter some value in department txtbox.(remaing name and place left empty). which was save in my databse. Its not validating required field validator. name and place save empty value in my database. whats t problem

can anyone plz help me out.

Responses
Author: Athira Sreejith             
Posted Date: March 27, 2009     Points: 5   

Hi..

You can't use both validations(Requiredfieldvalidator and javascript) in one button click.U have to use for validations either javascript or Javascript.Please try it.

--Athira

Author: Nabin             
Posted Date: August 27, 2009     Points: 5   

Hi
always try to use one validation either javascript or required field validator in a single button click.

Thanks
Nabin

You must Sign In To post reply

Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery
JavaScript/VBScriptBiztalkWPFPatten/PracticesWCFOthers
www.DotNetSpark.comUnAnsweredAll

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend