Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Congratulations!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
david stephan

Home >> Forum >> C# >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

Dump question (really)

Posted By: The Fax     Posted Date: June 08, 2011    Points:5   Category :C#
Hi all, please forgive the obvious question

Can C# be used "alone" or it's tied up to the .NET framework one-to-one?

In other words when someone talk about C# does he necessarily imply the whole .NET framework al well?

Just asking because I am othe the old C++ school and I am planning to attack C# so I am trying to figure out the is the best start (the language, the framework or whatever)

Any advice and suggestion welcome
thanks much
m

Responses
Author: Gowthammanju             
Posted Date: June 08, 2011     Points: 20   

hi, my points are

C# will never replace C++ because C# does not give you enough control of memory that many systems demand. From a game development standpoint, many development tools are now being written in C# because it is quick and dirty, but you could never write something like Halo 3, for the xbox360 in C# and be able to stay within the 512MB of ram that the xbox360 provides.

the other are

C# is a language that build MSIL code. This code is compiled by .NET CLR an translated into executable code by the machine. C# can't replace the C++ because compiled C# is not understood directly by the machine.

C++, in .net development, should be used as a complement if there's operating system feature not available to managed code. But based in currents .NET improvements, there's every time less functionality only accessible by unmanaged code. But this won't translate in a C++ replacement, because native development usually leads to better performing applications.

U also find there are so many applications performed by the c++ language than c#....

Although C# applications are intended to be economical with regards to memory and processing power requirements, the language was not intended to compete directly on performance and size with C or assembly language.

these are my opinions!!!!!!

Thanks & Regards,
GowthamManju
Chennai

Mark if the answer is true
Author: The Fax             
Posted Date: June 09, 2011     Points: 20   

Thanks, now it's clearer

m

You must Sign In To post reply

Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery
JavaScript/VBScriptBiztalkWPFPatten/PracticesWCFOthers
www.DotNetSpark.comUnAnsweredAll

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend