.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest
Sign In
Win Surprise Gifts!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
Gaurav Pal

Home >> Forum >> Others >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

Unable to call webservice which is located in third party server

Posted By: venu     Posted Date: May 26, 2011    Points:5   Category :Others
HI Friends,

I have an issue.Actually i am trying to use currency converter web service which is located at http://www.webservicex.com/CurrencyConvertor.asmx.
.I am able to use this webservice locally.But when i published on to our company server like www.xyz.com the request is not going to the webservice server system and it is saying "Unable to connect to the remote server".Can any one help me on this.

Author: Gowthammanju             
Posted Date: May 26, 2011     Points: 20   

This is indicating that the 3rd party lib that you are using cannot be started because:

1. It isn't resigered / installed on your system.
2. Some other component the third party lib uses is not installed.

There are a whole raft of app that will help you find what dependencies the lib requires...

Take a look here for some useful utils...

'listdlls' and 'procexp' may be useful...

in order to check this

you need to ensure that the component has been registered on the system. Using regsvr32 with the lib will register it.

Do a google search for regsvr32....

or else try following

first off I don't know what the executable name is of your library so you'll have to fill that bit in yourself...

1. Open a cmmand window
2. Go to the directory where the library exe is.
3. Run regsvr32.exe e.g. regsvr32 /i

this will pop up a messagebox indicating whether this has succeeded or not.. If it hasn't succeeded then I suggest you going back to the vendor of the library and get proper installation instructions...

happy codings

Thanks & Regards,

Mark if the answer is true

You must Sign In To post reply
Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend