.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest

Sign In
Register

Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Congratulations!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
david stephan

Home >> Forum >> Windows Application >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

Background worker component and progress bar

Posted By: Akhil Raj     Posted Date: March 13, 2009    Points:2   Category :Windows Application
hi friends,
Now in my windows application i want to take back up and restore database operation using ms sql server 2005. I finished this. But i want to integrate progress bar when backup operation running and same for restoring. I got the idea about background worker process. but i don't know how to integrate this process with that. \

I have class file for data layer and one method called backup in this class. So when i press a backup button i just called this method. Now how to integrate this with backup process and progress bar. For Backup i used Backup class off Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo object

Responses
Author: Amit Mehra             
Posted Date: March 15, 2009     Points: 5   

Hello Akhil,
You can use threading and assign the backup part to the threading..now to invoke porgress bar you declare a delegate and the reference function which will update the progress bar invoke from the delegate.

Now to update the delegate you can use Invoke method of the progress bar

eg.

Pregressbar1.Invoke()

Thanks,
Amit
Please "Mark As Answer " if this post help you.
Author: Akhil Raj       [Moderator]      
Posted Date: March 16, 2009     Points: 5   

thanks amit...i found and finished

You must Sign In To post reply

Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery
JavaScript/VBScriptBiztalkWPFPatten/PracticesWCFOthers
www.DotNetSpark.comUnAnsweredAll

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend