.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest

Sign In
Register

Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Congratulations!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
david stephan

Home >> Forum >> ASP.Net >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

Session timeout

Posted By: Aamrapali Tamgadge     Posted Date: April 13, 2011    Points:5   Category :ASP.Net
hi me having one online exam website,in dat on demo page i have one submit button to submit the test but wen user once started the test,i want to submit the test automaticaly wen the test time is complited and automaticaly the result wil dislplay.how can i do this can anyone suggest me some ideas.

Responses
Author: Mahesh             
Posted Date: April 13, 2011     Points: 20   

Hi, you can use timer control it allow you to do postbacks at certain intervals. If used together with UpdatePanels, which is the most common approach, it allows for timed partial updates of your page, but it can be used for posting back the entire page as well.

Here is a small example of using the Timer control. It simply updates a timestamp every 5 seconds.

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="Default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_Default" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head runat="server">
<title>Timers</title>
</head>
<body>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />
<asp:Timer runat="server" id="UpdateTimer" interval="5000" ontick="UpdateTimer_Tick" />
<asp:UpdatePanel runat="server" id="TimedPanel" updatemode="Conditional">
<Triggers>
<asp:AsyncPostBackTrigger controlid="UpdateTimer" eventname="Tick" />
</Triggers>
<ContentTemplate>
<asp:Label runat="server" id="DateStampLabel" />
</ContentTemplate>
</asp:UpdatePanel>
</form>
</body>
</html>

You can put your code here to stop exam and display exam result,

protected void UpdateTimer_Tick(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
DateStampLabel.Text = DateTime.Now.ToString();
}

Author: kamlesh             
Posted Date: April 14, 2011     Points: 20   

you can use timer control it allow you to do postbacks at certain intervals. if time interval is completed then it automatically stop the test and submit button will disable for submit the answer. and u can directly show the result .

Thanks And Regards.
Kamlesh Nikam

You must Sign In To post reply

Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery
JavaScript/VBScriptBiztalkWPFPatten/PracticesWCFOthers
www.DotNetSpark.comUnAnsweredAll

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend